..

Whispers From My Heart

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Back to Life


A cloudy day was here,

It’s the weather of nostalgia, they say.

It reversed time and took you back,

To those feelings, to her and to those days.


The memories were back with the wind chime ringing,

Bringing back those hidden smiles.

The drizzle brought in some more memories,

Resurrecting those feelings back to life.


It was time to go out,

And live this revived life.

An old window had opened up,

Filling the darkness inside.


The umbrella was forgotten,

Those memories kept me safe today.

And with my eyes closed,

I could somehow see her face.


Out in the bliss I finally was,

Looking up with eyes shut.

I splashed some water with a kick,

And started running as fast as I could.


At that deserted sidewalk,

There was she.

Long hair hiding the familiar face,

I could still see.


I ran to her,

Wiping my eyes.

Soon she was,

Right by my side.


She smiled at me,

Just like she used to.

A smile I’d lost,

Somewhere back in time.


Was the smile a light?

Or just a reflection ?

Of a love which had survived,

Through the times ?


It was just me,

And a stubborn little heart of mine.

We had brought her memory,

Back to life.


Moments later,

She was walking away.

With the raindrops washing tears,

Off my eyes.


So I was there,

All alone again.

And a part of me,

Had died again.


[ Image courtesy- http://bit.ly/GOdsfS]

2 comments:

Harshvardhan said...

Wonderfully written. I loved it. The poem captures the situation so well. I could almost feel the rain myself. Another reason why I liked it so much is because I could completely identify with what you have written.

Mukhesh Chowdary said...

What can i say ! Reading this has brought back some of my memories. Kudos to you, I am inspired... to write more... Thanky you punkster !